Non-Emergency Medical Transportation- Five Benefits to Expect
The thought of entering a hospital today is nerve-wracking. However, there are really instances wherein you’re left with no choice but to go to the hospital. The question now is- How do you go to the hospital?. While some people can manage to drive themselves to the place, there are still that can’t do it on their own. Some are badly ill, aged, or disabled which greatly depends on the help of their family and friends.
Many people needs to visit a hospital or healthcare center and going to the place is the biggest hindrance for them. Although trains, buses, and metro are available, these may not be a suitable option for them.
It has been found out that more than 3 million of the Americans miss their appointments. These delays can be costly. Have you experienced this? If yes, then non-emergency transportation can be the best option for you.
Below are the most significant benefits that NEMT (non-emergency medical transportation) can offer you.
1. Compared to ambulance, NEMT tends to be less expensive. As mentioned earlier more than 3 million people miss their doctor appointment for variety of reasons. And the most common reason is lack of transportation facility within their locality. If you’re in a wheelchair, it can be very difficult to ride in a shared cab just to reach your doctor. But with NEMT, this difficulty is eliminated. Although the cost of services can greatly vary depending on the vehicle to choose, it is less expensive than riding in an ambulance.
2. Suitable for those who are in a wheelchair. As mentioned earlier, it can be hard to ride in a shared cab when you’re in a wheelchair. Most NEMT vehicles are equipped to accommodate wheelchair and disabled patients. This makes it very easy for disabled to reach their medical appointments without experiencing discomfort. Also, NEMT is usually covered by an insurance.
3. Less dependency. One common problem with older or disabled patients is that they tend to have a decreased liberation. This is due to the fact that they greatly depend on their family and friends in going to their doctor appointment. If you want to eliminate this, then you can use NEMT services. They can sure bring you to your doctor with less expenditure and minimum fuss.
4. You can expect a quality transportation service. No matter what most people think, NEMT doesn’t mean that you’re experiencing a sub-standard service. As a matter of fact, reputable NEMT service providers have experienced drivers and nurses. This would simply mean that their staffs are fully equipped with updated training and certificated to enhance and keep their credentials.
5. Expect to enjoy modern and fully equipped vehicles. One good thing with NEMT is that their vehicles used are fully equipped with advanced safety features to ensure that every emergency ride is safe. There are even those who have extra amenities like wheelchair lifts, ramps, and climate control.
With these things to expect, who would no want to use a non-medical emergency transportation for your next medical appointment?